Based on Amy Hopper's and Leigh Johnson's Meme, here's my take on my 10 most memorable birding moments in 2007:
1. Birding on New Year's Day, 2007 and unexpectedly seeing and then getting a good photograph of a White-tailed Kite.
2. A Spring Bonanza at Eaton Canyon Park in Pasadena, where in one April day, we got three lifers: Costa's and Calliope Hummingbird and a Macgillivray's Warbler!
3. Chasing Warblers all over Southern California: Pine Warbler at Estancia Park (OC); Bay-breasted Warbler at Seagate Park also in OC and later at Legg Lake in El Monte, (although we dipped on the Yellow-throated Warbler at Tewinkle Park); Artic Warbler at Galileo Hills; and the Black-throated Blue Warbler at Holmby Park in L.A.
4. Seeing the lovely Hepatic Tanager at the Tijuana River Estuary in San Diego.
5. Joining the throng of birders/photographers to see the Mississippi Kite at the South Coast Botanic Garden
6. Our week-long trip to Southeast Arizona in August where we bagged 7 lifers!
7. Finding the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at Luckie Park in 29 Palms.
8. Thrilled at seeing exotics at Peck's Pit in El Monte: The Blue-crowned Parakeet in January and the Bronze Mannikin flock in October.
9. Dipping badly (three times!) on the Bald Eagle at Bonelli Regional Park in San Dimas.
10. Seeing the Roseate Spoonbill at the Santa Ana River along with pratically the who's who of the Southern California Birding community.
Avian and Attributes – Faithful
14 hours ago