Monday, February 07, 2011

Missing Details

Age finally caught up with me. That was made quite evident last Saturday when my wife and I  went to the Candaba wetlands. Strangely, birds were few and uncharacteristically skittish. Perhaps it was the several gunfires that we heard early in the morning that made them so. Now given that the birds were shy and preferred to stay at some distance from us made photography a little difficult. And in most situations I had no recourse but to handhold my big lens. This was where the age factor crept in. At first I can pretty much focus on the small feathered subjects perched way yonder. But as the day progressed my stamina conversely regressed. So much so that the result of my photographic endeavors became increasingly, maddeningly blurry. The sharp details that mark an outstanding photograph started to disappear in a most heartbreaking fashion.


Oh how I miss my tripod/gimbal head!


Such was the case when Cynthia and I saw our only lifer of the day, a Pheasant-tailed Jacana. Even in its non-breeding plumage it was still a beauty to behold. My photograph unfortunately cannot do justice to its exquisiteness.




On the other hand, here are a couple of intensely graphic presentations of missing "de-tails", albeit in a more literal manner. 


No comments: