Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hot and Cold

It was hot. Temperatures were soaring. All the heat adjectives becoming reality - sweltering, blistering, searing, stifling...and more. The moment I stepped out of our air-conditioned room, it was as if a giant python suddenly constricted my body and I felt gasping for air. Sweat poured from my body in torrents. 


There was no other choice but to return to our room, lie still on our bed and remain there until summer's over.


But of course, that was only wishful thinking. There were chores to do, errands to run, a life to live. Which necessitated the passage from blazing sun to cool building interiors for quite a number of times. At the end of the day as Cynthia and I prepared for bed, plans were even made to go birding early the following day - a Saturday.


Except that we did not wake up early. Not only that, to even make it worse, I woke up with a cold. Clogged nasal passage, itchy-throated kind of cold. I thought getting a cold happens only on those icy wintry days or on those getting-soaked-in-endless-rain moments. Yet, I silently asked myself, why did I get this ailment on one of the hottest days of the year?


Several cold tablets later and after confining myself to bed (in our air-conditioned room, of course) plus Cynthia's TLC, I am now feeling much better.


By the way, TLC does not mean Tomatoes, Lettuce and Cheese.

No comments: