Saturday, August 29, 2015

Moses Bird

Somehow the desire to go out and bird still lies dormant within me. The thought of driving in the pre-dawn hours, of walking on rain-drenched trails, of carrying on my shoulder several pounds of photographic gear, didn't seem quite appealing anymore. I must be getting old.

To while away the time usually spent on stalking some birds, I reviewed some photographs I took more than a year ago. One of them caught my attention. It was of a Spotted Sandpiper taken at the Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park in San Dimas, California. Looking at the scene sort of reminded me of the exodus when the Israelites crossed the Red Sea. Moses spread out his hands and the waters of the sea parted to allow his people who were being chased by the Egyptian army to get to the other side. 

My photo shows the sandpiper walking hurriedly while the waters appeared to be held back. In reality the bird was on the shore while the tide was ebbing away.


spotted-sandpiper

1 comment:

trinket said...

Hi Bob! I feel the same way about birding these days... i want to but I don't want to. So maybe it's not age related!