Saturday, September 07, 2013

Wane Manner

"Holy costume, Batman!" exclaimed Robin. "Why are you taking off your mask and cape?

"I'm tired, Robin," Batman explained. "We've been doing this for quite some time now. Besides I feel that age is already creeping in on me."

Batman sighed. "Remember our last crusade? Towards the end of the week I can barely move. It was only through sheer willpower that I was able to accomplish our goals. Of course carrying the batarangs and all those weapons made it even worse."

"I want to go back to just being Bruce Wayne again," he continued, "and spend most of the time relaxing at the Wayne Manor."

"Have you lost all interest in what we were doing?" Robin was curious.

"In a manner of speaking I say it is waning somehow. Mostly for physical reasons, I would think" replied the caped crusader "but also it seems that the other guys in the Justice League appear to be cooling off as well."

"When you make plans for our future adventures, go for the easier ones" Batman told Robin. "I know you're doing this just because of me, so next year let's do something that you would enjoy. Let us not go as Batman and Robin but as Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson."

Dick looked at Bruce. He had known his friend for a long time and he can tell that Bruce was really serious. Dick hugged his buddy.

"Everything's going to be alright," Robin assured Batman.


No comments: